Simply, when you want to put (sync) MUSIC or AUDIO to any sort of visual media (TV / film / adverts / video games, trailers, animations etc).

There will be 2 kinds of copyright.

  1. The sound recording – a license will need to be granted by the recorded rights holder

  2. The composition (song) – this is the published song. And this is what we represent. It is the copyright in the actual creation of the song. So it includes the melody, lyrics etc.

There can obviously be many ‘recorded versions’ of your song. Either by yourself (re-records, demos, album versions, single versions etc) or by others (cover versions). In any case, we will represent your publishing interest.

Anyone wanting to use your composition in any visual format will need a Music Synchronisation License from us.

"We actively seek out synch deals for our writers. Backed by the largest independent publisher in the world, KOBALT MUSIC, we have contacts within television, film and media outlets worldwide."

Check out some recent synchs by Kobalt here -

It's important that you make us aware of any unique elements to your songs. Our job and therefore your chance of a successful placement, is made a lot easier if we can tell the people commissioning the music that we have a track that is "180bpm, in the style of folk punk, with a subject matter of partying on a Tuesday night"!


1Television - series, theme tunes, incidental music

2Adverts - TV, Trailers, Cinema, Internet, Radio


4You Tube

5Computer & Video Games

6Any other broadcast medium

Do You Need Music?

If you are a media company, music placement company or anyone looking to license music, please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will discuss our catalogue with you.

You are here: Home Synchs